American Civil liberties Union-ACLU
Tampa, FL -
Stop the ACLU
Some Americans have informed me the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) is good for our country because it protects our ‘Civil Liberties.’ Wrong. It must be stopped.
There are many reasons to stop the ACLU, as I have written in my books and columns, but here are mine and many others10 favorites:
1. The ACLU was founded by a Communist, with communist ideals, communist goals. Rest assured, they continue to impose a Communist like agenda on today’s America, daily. The founder of the ACLU, Roger Baldwin stated clearly:
"My chief aversion is the system of greed, private profit, privilege and violence which makes up the control of the world today, and which has brought it to the tragic crisis of unprecedented hunger and unemployment. Therefore, I am for Socialism, disarmament and ultimately, for the abolishing of the State itself. I seek the social ownership of property, the abolition of the propertied class and sole control of those who produce wealth. Communism is the goal." I ask, does that sound familiar in today’s political environment?
2. The ACLU does not believe in the Second Amendment.
ACLU POLICY: "The ACLU agrees with the Supreme Court’s long_standing interpretation of the Second Amendment (as set forth in the 1939 case, U.S. v. Miller) that the individual’s right to bear arms applies only to the preservation or efficiency of a well-regulated militia. Except for lawful police and military purposes, the possession of weapons by individuals is not constitutionally protected. Therefore, there is no constitutional impediment to the regulation of firearms."ACLU Policy #47."
3. Their outright hatred of the Boy Scouts. They are currently doing everything in their power to hurt this organization, of which I was a member. They attacked their free speech right to exclude gays, and are threatening schools, and fighting in court to get their charters shut down. They oppose the military supporting them, and will sue the pants off any school that attempts to charter them.
4. The ACLU are pro-death. Not only is the ACLU Pro-abortion, it’s the ACLU’s top priority. It most definitely takes a backseat to free speech for the ACLU. As a matter of fact, the ACLU has fought against the free speech rights of those that oppose it. If its abortion or euthanasia, as long as its pro_death you can count on the ACLU to support it. The only exception to the ACLU’s pro-death stance, is if it is a convicted criminal; in this case they are against death.
5. The ACLU advocates open borders. Not only have the ACLU opposed the Minute Men, a group who are simply energizing their freedom of speech, protesting and stepping up where the government is failing, but they have helped illegals cross the border.
6.The ACLU is anti-Christian. The list is endless on this one. Under the guise of "separation of Church and State," the ACLU has made a name for their selves on being rabidly anti-Christian. This is one area where they are most hypocritical. They oppose tax exemptions for all churches, but fight for them for Wiccans. They are against Christianity in school, but oddly remain silent as our children are taught to be Muslims. Whether its baby Jesus, ten commandments, or tiny crosses on county seals, the ACLU will be there to secularize America, and rewrite our history.
7.The ACLU Opposes National Security. The ACLU have opposed almost every effort in the arena of national security. From the bird flu to bag searches, the ACLU have been against it. No matter what kind of search someone tries to do to protect people, the ACLU have proved they are against them across the board. Its kind of ironic that they don’t practice the principles they preach.
Take a walk into the NYACLU’s Manhattan headquarters - which it shares with other organizations - and you’ll find a sign warning visitors that all bags are subject to search
8. The ACLU Defends the enemy. They have a long history of this one. They defended the P.L.O. in 1985. They defended Quadafi in the 1980’s. And they continue today. They have told Gitmo detainees they have the right to remain silent, as in not talking to interrogators. One issue that really disturbs me is their refusal of funds from organizations such as the United Way that were concerned the money would be used to support terrorism.
In October of 2004, the ACLU turned down $1.15 million in funding from two of it’s most generous and loyal contributors, the Ford and Rockefeller foundations, saying new anti-terrorism restrictions demanded by the institutions make it unable to accept their funds.
"The Ford Foundation now bars recipients of its funds from engaging in any activity that "promotes violence, terrorism, bigotry, or the destruction of any state."
The Rockefeller Foundation’s provisions state that recipients of its funds may not "directly or indirectly engage in, promote, or support other organizations or individuals who engage in or promote terrorist activity."
9. The ACLU supports child porn distribution and child molesters like NAMBLA.
As legislative counsel for the ACLU in 1985, Barry Lynn told the U.S. Attorney General’s Commission on Pornography (of which Focus on the Family President Dr. James C. Dobson was a member) that child pornography was protected by the First Amendment. While production of child porn could be prevented by law, he argued, its distribution could not be.
As I see it, there is no doubt, the ACLU are perverting the Constitution
10. The ACLU fulfills its agenda using my tax money. What more can I say on this one?
As I see it, there is no doubt, the ACLU are perverting the Constitution. There are countless reasons the ACLU needs to be stopped. So don’t just stand by and complain, do something. Get involved.
In God We Trust.
Glenn A. Clepper
Writer, Columnist, Book Author, Patriot and Historian